Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Under Seige

I was taking Ender on his morning walk and as we rounded the corner, I noticed a woman training two small dogs on the opposite corner. I rounded the corner quickly to minize the amount of time Ender had to obsess and thought we were well on our way when I hear a jingle jingle. When I look up, I see one of the small dogs running across the street at us. It was a classic fight or flight moment. Or more like sit or flight moment. Do I put Ender in a site and hope that he doesn't lose his shit when the dog comes near? Or should I walk away and risk getting chased?

I choose the former and put Ender in a sit and kind of brace for impact. All the while, the woman is yelling something from across the street, somewhat resembling a "don't worry he's frieeeennndddllyyy." She calls the dog's name, which makes the dog stop IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. Eventually the dog runs back to her and Ender and I continue on our merry way. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her continue her walk up the street with the dog which still has NO LEASH on.

WHAAAAAT??

No comments: