Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Product Review: Pooch Planet Dog Bed

We've gone through several dog beds in our short time of pet ownership. One of Ender's favorite has been this random on sale dog bed from Pet Food Express. He has gone through two of them. He slowly eviscerates them by chewing the zipper off first and then eating the stuffing.

However, my all time favorite dog bed is a Pooch Planet dog bed. The bf's sister gave Ender one as a Christmas present last year and I cannot begin to express my love for it. The cover consists of two different materials. One side is this microsuede-esque material and the other side is poly. And it's this special kind of comfort meets durability that you only dream about. In addition, there is easy disassembly for washing. So obviously Ender ate the zipper off of his first pooch planet dog bed and there began my hunt for a replacement.

I managed to find the manufacturer's website http://www.worldwise.com/poochplanet.html and this is what their online retailer list looks like:

www.amazon.com
www.petco.com
www.petfoodexpress.com
www.petsmart.com
www.samsclub.com
www.target.com
www.walmart.com

I can tell you right now that not one of those websites sell the Pooch Planet dog beds. I even emailed Worldwise to ask them to send me an updated list (um, which I have yet to receive a reply to, thankyouverymuch). I sporadically kept my eye out for this object of desire whenever I was at Target or Pet Food Express but luck was never on my side.

At this point, my desperation hit some sort of peak and we went to Walmart. And behold, there was the bed.



Ender I am a happy camper now.

No comments: