Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Regurgitation versus Vomitting

So apparently there's a difference. I didn't know that. Until Ender ralphed yesterday. That was preceded by a poo in the hallway. I swear, those dogs are falling apart. Again, the culprit here is unknown. It could either be the transition to new dog food or too many Zuke's training treats. Either way, I had the pleasure of seeing the contents of his stomach three times yesterday. The things I learned about Ender are:

1. He can fit a lot of crap in his stomach
2. He does not chew his food thoroughly
3. He might eat too quick for his own good

And on a random note, does size matter? Ender's old kibble was HUGE. Theoretically, the larger kibble would encourage Ender to eat slower and chew. After seeing the contents of his stomach last night, this does not seem to be the case. So if he doesn't chew, would smaller kibble be better?

Sometimes I feel like I spend a lot of time thinking about things like this. Way too much time.

No comments: