Friday, March 4, 2011

Getting TOLD at Whole Foods

Yesterday we witnessed a dog owner getting told at Whole Foods. And you know it's bad when you're getting lectured by Whole Foods employees.

We have a fabulous Whole Foods around the corner from us. People often leave their dogs tied up while they go in to shop. This particular owner left their pit tied up right next to the entrance with a loose leash. That dog was NOT a happy camper and proceeded to bark and continue barking.

These were not some sissy barks but some deep and loud barking, which of course caused some concern as this was coming from a pit and the pit was right next to the entrance on a loose lead.

And kudos for Whole Foods employees for paging the owner to customer service. Although I'm pretty sure he waited to PAY for his things before going outside to get the dog.

He did manage to get his comeuppance as we saw the security guard giving him a lengthy lecture while we were on our way out.

I'm not going to lie, before I got the dogs, I totally thought it was my god given right to be able to leave my dog tied up outside. That was quickly crushed after getting a complete spaz aka Ender. The thought of some unsuspecting person trying to pet him was too much to bear.

When we got Barksdale, I thought there was hope. But then I got too paranoid about someone stealing her when too many suspicious characters started showing interest in her.

So now the rule is one person always stays with the dog while the other is the coffee wench.

1 comment:

Two Pitties in the City said...

Before I had our dogs I always thought it was ok to tie them up just because I saw so many people doing it. But then there has been a huge rash of thefts in Chicago; people stealing purebreds to re-sell, and other dogs I'm guessing for fighting and bait dogs. The other problem we've realized as dog owners is that it creates a dangerous situation because sometimes we'll just be walking with our dogs, then we have to get past a tied up dog who is now guarding the sidewalk. At least the guy probably learned a good lesson.