Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chicago

We just got back from a weekend trip to Chi-town (do locals ever use that phrase? or is it one of those things like "frisco" where, unless you were born and bred here, you aren't allow to say?) and all I have to say is mad props to all those doggie owners who live in places with actual seasons.

We couldn't even handle standing on the street to decide whether to turn right or left, I can't even imagine having to wait for Ender to poo in that weather. And it was April. APRIL. I don't even want to think about December.

As it was such a short trip, I didn't have a chance to miss the dogs until we got back into town. It's a vicious pattern. I am elated when we drop them off at the dog sitter, but pretty much by the third day, I'm missing their big old heads. And then two days into getting them back, I wonder why I ever missed them at all.

1 comment:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I guess since I don't know any better, we have just gotten used to the terrible weather we need to walk in and the endless distractions on the walks. We actually wrote a post today about what to do with dogs on vacation in downtown Chicago.