Friday, April 12, 2013

Admiration and Annoyance

Why is it that the characteristics I most admire about my dogs the ones that annoy me the most?

Ender thinks everyone wants to be his friend so he has no problem getting up on everyone's grill. And he does not comprehend the fact that when a little dog is trying to bite him in the face, they don't want to be his friend. He is completely undeterred by other dogs barking in his face. He will still try to play with them with a dopey look on his face and his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Sometimes I joke that the reason he's so crazy is because he is just bursting with too much love. And that's pretty admirable, to derive such joy from everyday living. However, this love of life at times turns him into the biggest pain in the ass to walk sometimes. Walking an 80 pound dog while he tries to play bow and jump at the poodle across the street is not fun.

Barksdale has been called "strong-willed" by the dogwalker. Other apt terms may be stubborn and pushy. She, unlike Ender, will not put up with any type of shit. She is the one willing to throw down with any dog barking at her and she will not hesitate to tell you what's up. I imagine if she were a human, she would be the first one to speak up and say "I don't give a fuck what you think about me" or "that's just not right". If she was a superhero, this trait would come in handy. Unfortunately, it's not so cute when your dog wants to bully some other sweet sweet dog into submission.

I've been feeling super sappy lately, hence these emo posts. But hopefully I get them out of my system soon and we'll get back to the more informative posts like product reviews.

No comments: