Monday, February 18, 2013

No Privacy

I was at a happy hour not too long ago and the subject of bathroom privacy came up during a point in the conversation. (And no, I don't remember how many drinks we've had at that point so don't ask.) Anyway, the question being posed was, do you close the bathroom door when primping, doing your business, showering, etc?

As a staunch believer in TMI, I informed everyone at the table that after living with one boy and two dogs for a few years, I can pretty much do anything in the bathroom with the door open, regardless of who is home. 

When we first got Ender, I was terrified that he would destroy the house. However, feeling guilty that we were crating him all day, I wanted to maximize his outside time in the mornings. Combine those two things and I'm showering with the door open in the mornings, convinced that I would be able to hear him if he was causing any trouble. Repeat that when we got Barksdale.

After many mornings of showering without the door closed, I actually got pretty lazy about closing the bathroom door all the way when I'm in there. Ender takes full advantage of that during the mornings I sleep in. During those mornings, I get the pleasure of him barging into the bathroom and sitting in front of me as I sit on the toilet, staring at me intently warning me not to forget to take him out for HIS potty time. 

Now the boy has gotten into the act and likes to barge in during the mornings chanting "No Privacy! No Privacy!" with Ender in tow, to steal the toothpaste and sink space. 

No privacy indeed.

No comments: