Friday, February 22, 2013

Fish Pills

Barksdale used to be the queen of gas. Her farts were made of legend, clearing rooms and forcing car windows open by sheer smelliness.

Then one day, I was talking to my mom about fish pills. She had starting taking them as supplements and I told her that we gave Barksdale fish pills as well. She then proceeded to say, well yeah, they're good for you and all but I think I might stop taking them as they give me horrible gas.

As my mind connected her gas to Barksdale's gas, I immediately texted Phil declaring our house a fish pill free place. During our recent vet visit to the vet, she asked about Barksdale's slight dandruff. I had to be like, oh honey, it is so much better since we switched her food to grain free California Natural.

She suggested fish pills as a supplement and I quickly shut that down and told her about the gas issues. She then said...oh yeah, that sometimes happens with fish pills.

Me: !*)*()@$*#($#*()

So I guess the lesson of the story is, a dog having gas is not a normal "dog" thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was giving my pitbull fish oil pills for skin allergies.. he liked them so much he took the bottle off the counter and ate them ALL. He's perfectly fine, but stinks to high heaven! In fact, despite numerous baths, he still smells and it's been a week. I even had to throw out all my bed sheets! Moral of the story: fish oil pills will never be allowed in my house again!