Monday, April 9, 2012

Natura Frequent Buyer Program

We buy a 30 pound bag of California Natural Grain Free Lamb every three weeks. And that's only because we feed them under the recommended amount. When we purchased our first bag, our pet store gave us information regarding Natura's frequent buyer program. For every 10 bags of food that you purchase, you earn a free bag. Normally I am waaay too lazy to do things like this until I realized we could earn a free THIRTY POUND BAG of dog food which amounts to about $62. So then I was like "hell yeah!" and became a committed "proof of purchase" collector.

Buying all this dog food always reminds me of those "how much does your pet cost in a lifetime" graphics found on the web. I've seen annual dog food costs estimated between $100 to $350 and I always laugh because I'm sure our annual budget for treats themselves is $100. Based on our current dog food purchase, here is a breakdown of our food costs:

$62 bag of dog food every three weeks
= approximately $1,075 annually for two dogs (um, HOLY SHIT!!)
= approximately $537 annually for one dog

So apparently, one year of Ender and Barksdale's food equals the following:

They're lucky they are so damn cute.

No comments: