Monday, April 9, 2012

The Fanny Pack

Summer is going to be upon us soon which only means one thing - embarrassing fashion, according to the bf. Since it gets pretty hot here in Oakland during the summer, the dog walking accessories change drastically. In the winter, I can put on the North Face jacket and have enough pockets for poo bags, treats, wallet, phone, and my gigantic ring of keys. Come summer time, all I have on is a tank top and yoga pants.

Last summer, I tried to come up with the best way to carry around all my belongings. The backpack was a bit much and the tote bag a bit too inconvenient while trying to wrangle Ender. Then one day I was surfing the web and came across a photo of Hulk Hogan with a quote from his daughter saying that he never leaves home without his fanny pank. It was then that I realized that Hulk Hogan was a genius.


I scoured the web looking for more fashionable versions and saw that lululemon had been making fanny packs on and off for the past few seasons. 


So after purchasing a fanny pack and using it for a few walks, I decided that it wasn't doing its job very well. One, I really just had too much crap for a fanny pank to hold and comfortably sit on my waist. And two, the pockets weren't open and accessible so I still had to strap a treat bag to the pack. So while it was a worthy effort, I continued on with my search for the ultimate summer dog walking accessory. 

But I leave you with this (actually more for the bf as an "in yo face! fanny packs on the runway!").



No comments: