Monday, February 7, 2011

Self Esteem Booster

Sometimes to make myself feel better, I like to visit the website Shit My Pets Ruined. It's quite funny. And I get a self esteem boost from seeing that other people also have crazy pets. Then I got to thinking about what our pets have ruined. They are pretty good, but again we also don't give them many chances to ruin our stuff. So I guess me saying pretty good is akin to saying...oh he got out of prison early for good behavior. Because really, you're in prison, how much trouble can you really get into? Anyway, I digress.

In the sentiment of the website, here is a list of top five things that I can remember the dogs ruining (besides my food):

1. Sunglasses. Okay, so these were like a $12 pair of sunglasses from Ross so I wasn't too mad.

2. Rug. After countless pee accidents, it finally bit the dust after Barksdale chewed a second bald spot in it.

3. Remote Control. Ender only got so far as to nibble on the corner before he got caught. We have since upgraded to a bigger tv so, no hard feelings.

4. Crate. Barksdale destroyed her crate while she was being boarded. Crate replacement = $100+. All together now...?!?!?#&(*&#)!*#)!(*

5. Uggs. Ender still gets excited to see me at the end of the day. Like seriously, did he forget me over the course of 8 hrs? Anyway, usually when I come home, he likes to run to get a toy and prance around the living room. During one particular incident, the bf met me at the BART station with Ender and apparently the closest thing to a toy were the Uggs ON MY FEET. While sniffing and mouthing my right foot, he must have poked a hold in my shoe, which I found the next day. Let's just say he came pretty close to getting returned after that incident. Although he probably knows now that if he ever tries to mouth my Uggs again, he's probably going to be getting a swift kick in the ass.

2 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

So funny! Minus the remote,because we don't have a tv, those are the same exact thing Mr. B was after. In his early days he had a thing for sunglasses, chewed the rug under Miss M's crate, busted out of his own crate (hence the tepee), and thought a pair of my fuzzy boots was one of my toys. I would have to add Dustpan to ours, but I think, comparatively, we're still doing pretty well. I cringe at how many people say their dog ate their couch.

Phil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.