Monday, February 7, 2011

Prouct Review: Furminator

I've seen this product around but held out on purchasing it because it was so damn expensive. After using it, the conclusion is, why the hell did I wait so long?



When we first got Ender I thought, oh cool, he'll be a low maintenance dog since his hair is so short. Let's just say not having Golden Retriever or German Shepard hair doesn't always mean low maintenance. I came to this realization one day when we were walking and I saw his hair start flying off his ass. So three brushes and one very convincing saleslady later, I finally broke down and shelled out the bucks for the Furminator. It is sooooooooooooo awesome.

Below is the hair I got off of Ender his first session, and I only stopped because he started getting bored. Note that I spent about half an hour, used minimal force, and that Ender had been washed and brushed two days before. (And yes, this is what I do Saturday night folks, I go buy grooming tools and use them on the dog.)



The saleslady said when she first started using it on her dog, she initially started off with sessions every other day to get the bulk of the hair off so now she just does it for maintenance. We purchased the Long Hair Medium Dog Furminator. The description says that it's for long hair dogs 21-50 lbs, and although Ender is about 80-90 lbs, we bought this one because the saleslady said it would be easier to contour to the bumps and crevices of his body. The best thing about it is that it has this little tab that pushes the hair out of the teeth of the comb. That means I don't have to spend forever trying to get the fur off the brush so I can brush him some more. Awesome.

No comments: