Monday, September 6, 2010

Moments

When the bf and I were looking for dogs, we came across several groups that had dogs that we were interested in. Upon reviewing their requirements, we came to the conclusion that the only people that should ever own dogs are really old people or stay at home parents. Okay, maybe telecommuters as well. Oh, and students. (But I'm not sure students qualify as they are often poor.)

Anyway, we are the type of parents who work full time and crate our dogs. (Well, Ender has graduated to hallway space status but Barksdale still got to work on her pee/poo skills before she gets to taste freedom.) Usually I'm fine with that, but there are moments that I wish I didn't miss.

For example, Ender's dog walker took him to the Lake. And he swam. I have been dying, dying to see him swim but I had only felt comfortable letting him do that in a pool. We've taken him to the shoreline but I've never seen him full on swim before. I've also seen him fall into a swimming pool but that was more of a near-drowning moment. And unfortunately it was too cold at the bf's parents to jump in the pool and he wouldn't jump in without us doing it first. Anyway, that's my random thought of the day.

1 comment:

Two Pitties in the City said...

It's almost like that episode of Friends where they kept missing out. But, it sounds like you do have a great dogwalker watching them while you're gone.