Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Car Dilemna

I am in the market for a new car. Right now, I'm tooling around in my parent's old 1994 Nissan Sentra. Due to parental nagging about driving around in a death trap without any air bags, I have started to proactively look for a new car. The idea of acquiring something else with a monthly payment which rivaled my school loans wasn't all that exciting but I have been wanting a new "household" car to drive the doggies around in. My Nissan isn't exactly the ideal car as I feel that it's too short for Ender to sit comfortably. The bf owns a Volkswagon Rabbit. Although it's only a two-door it is substantially roomier than my Nissan. I attribute it to the magical powers of a hatchback.

So as I started thinking about different cars, I concluded that my dream car was a Honda Element. The number one draw was the ability to hose down the interior. Can I get a hallelujah for easy clean up?

Honda Element


However, I came to realize that I cannot possibly acquire a car with only two doors. So then I started looking at cars similar to the Element which had four doors - the Toyota Scion and the Kia Soul.

Toyota Scion


Kia Soul (Okay, the dancing Hamsters did it for me)


Both had four doors but sadly I couldn't get past the ooglayness and lack of trunk space.

So I have arrived at my new dream car - a Honda CR-V. More specifically a new 2010 Honda CR-V EX 2WD. Now if only I can get someone to sell it to me for $22,000 without any dealer installed accessories. Sigh.

Honda CR-V

5 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

We had a similar dilemma, and we wanted to get a car that would be perfect for our pooches. We ended up getting the CRV which we absolutely love AND is perfect for all our dog needs. We wrote about it here:http://pittiesincity.blogspot.com/2009/08/schwang-swag-honda-cr-v.html
You actually might be able to get it at that price, especially because they're changing the body model for the coming year; they might want to start clearing the lots. We bought ours last year, and it's a different model, but if I remember some of our quotes correctly, that sounds about right for that model if you can negotiate it. Good luck!

Mel said...

Thanks for the tip, some of the 2011 CRVs have already been hitting the lots so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! What model did you guys end up getting? I was contemplating an EX-L for leather interior since it would be so much easier to wipe down but didn't know if I wanted to pay extra.

Don Miles said...

We were thinking about getting a soul as well. They are affordable and would work well compared to our 2 door car we currently take our dogs to the park with.

Anyways, going to share my blog in case you are interested. You kind of beat me to the address I wanted. :)

http://2pitbulls.blogspot.com/

Two Pitties in the City said...

I don't remember what our model is called, but we did go with the leather and navigation with back up camera--the back up camera is amazing and makes everything so much easier since we only parallel park in Chicago and I'm not a good driver. We ended up getting this seat cover: http://pittiesincity.blogspot.com/2009/08/schwang-swag-duragear-rear-seat-cover.html
And there are some rubber floor and truck mats that are so great; you can just hose them down. We got the floor mats and other add-ons from Ebay which was so much cheaper than the dealer. We love our car, and we love that it is perfect for the dogs.

Unknown said...

I’m also fascinated with the CR-V’s specs. It has a sleek exterior, comfortable and stylish interior, and a promising mileage rating. Anyway, how was your car-hunting go? I wish you found one that fitted your ideal price range!

Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru