Monday, August 23, 2010

Product Review: Planet Dog Leash

Longest lasting leash thus far:

Planet Dog Hemp Leash with Fleece-Lined Handle




I bought this on a whim at a local pet store and this has been the sturdiest leash to date. This is the type of leash that makes you feel like you have a handle on your 80 pound dog when he starts lunging at a squirrel.

We had originally started off with the standard cheapo nylon leashes but that thing was so slippery, I had to start tying knots into the leash to prevent rope burn when Ender jumped. Therefore, I was interested in an alternative material such as cotton. When I saw hemp, I thought..eh, close enough, why not? The end result - it's awesome.

When we got Barksdale, I got lazy and bought her a leash that was the most similar to the Planet Dog at the big chain pet store. That leash was promptly shredded by Barksdale.

I have learned my lesson and Planet Dog leash number two is now on its way.

No comments: