Thursday, August 12, 2010

Product Review: Doggy Deodorant

My tolerance for dirt has increased dramatically since these two dogs. And I will be the first to tell you that my tolerance was pretty high to begin with. I must say, we kept Ender pretty clean when we first got him. Maybe that's why the bathtub ended up clogging. (We don't have a yard and we refuse to pay Pet Food Express $15 to wash our own dog.) But soon Ender started his dog walking adventures and we acquired a second dog that couldn't stop peeing and pooing on herself. It definitely went downhill from there. After washing poop off one dog, I could not gather the strength to wash another one knowing that in two days he would be caked in dirt anyway. Hence, no bath for Ender.

However brilliant that plan was, I failed to account for the fact that dogs smell. At first I tried pet wipes but soon realized that I would end up using the entire box if I wanted to wipe Ender down. I was in a pet store one day and (cue angels singing) I saw Earthbath Deodorizing Spritz. At this point, I was already an Earthbath fanatic thanks to their shampoo, but this was simply what my laziness ordered.

I purchased the Lavender Scent, which I find to be a bit strong. It masks dog stink fine but it also smells like, what the bf calls, old man deodorant. Next time, we'll go for the Tea Tree & Aloe.

No comments: